Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Friday, February 1, 2008

WHAT A RIDE

We went to a town 100 miles south yesterday to make application for our grand children (12 days after they were taken from their home). The case worker insisted we had to do all the stuff down there because she's very hands on. We have the same exact services here but they are unacceptable to her. So after driving two hours we arrived fifteen minutes early at their office. We sat there patiently for that amount of time.

An office assistant then brought us three sets of paper to fill out and took our drivers licenses to make photo copies of. We filled out the first two sets of papers and gave them back to her and paid for the finger printing that we had to have done. The third set of papers requires a Doctor's evaluation so we took that one home to finish.

When we turned in our paper work and picked up our drivers licences the assistant took us back and did the finger printing---which took some time because the computer wouldn't accept two of my wifes finger prints for many, many tries. When that was completed she told us we could go home. This whole thing took approximately 1/2 hour.

My wife told her the case worker had wanted us to come down there so she could discuss what we needed to do so the assistant called her. She was tied up with other clients and wouldn't be able to see us until another time. HMMMM it is interesting to me who is busy and how you determine that.

Its kind of like stuff and junk---if it's yours it's junk---if it's mine it's stuff;
If it's me I'm too busy---if it's you then you'll have to meet my schedule whatever it is---YEAH I feel like not only was it a waste of my taxpayer money---it was a waste of half a day that I had to take off work to do.

NEVER FORGET---EVERYONE WORKS FOR SOMEONE!!!!!!
and
BE NICE TO EVERYONE---YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHO KNOWS WHO YOU WORK FOR!!!!!!!!!
and finally
NEVER GET IN A PISSING MATCH WITH A SKUNK!!!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay Logic said...

I sometimes wish I worked for a government agency. I think that whenever I go to the courthouses, sometimes the employees don't think they have to be nice, because you don't have a choice but to go there for what you need. I'm sorry you had a rough day! I feel even sorrier for those kids. *L*