Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Whatta Crock

Spent about half of yesterday driving to a town south of us on slick icy roads to meet with DCFS, meeting with six people representing four agencies telling us how great they are, and driving home.


No one---nope not one gave us any room to hope for getting the kids in the near future---six to eight weeks is the best guess---my guess at this point in time is if we are really, really lucky we will get them for summer vacation unless our kids get them back before that. Some decisions will be made near the end of April in court---I really struggle with this system of help---guess time will tell how resilient the kids really are.

It is super tough for me to hold my tongue and just watch all this crap go on---it really is a CROCK.


If I had to pick a single governmental entity that oversteps its bounds on every turn it would be DCFS---nothing I can do about that but I sure don't think they are doing the best for the kids---no matter what they think---but---my opinion does not matter one whit!!!! And to top it all off they don't have enough guts to talk one on one about it!!!!

1 comment:

Delirious said...

What kills me about DCFS is that in the past we have tried to have children removed from a home because they were being neglected, but DCFS wouldn't do it because there had to be certain criteria before they would take them. If they had found feces on the ground they would have taken them. If they didn't have food or clothing in the house they would have taken them. It didn't matter that the bathroom was full of black mold, or that the bottom drawer of the refrigerator was full of gray unrecognizable liquid. It didn't matter that the teenage daughter was the one to feed, bathe, clothe and watch the children. It didn't matter that the parents abused alcohol and prescription drugs. It didn't matter that the children rarely went to school. The system is screwed up.