Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Five Plus Five

I've been tagged---a few weeks ago---to list the five things I hate and the five things I love so here goes:
Hate:
  1. Driving on the Interstate in rush hour traffic.
  2. Sitting at a stop light in a city through two complete light changes.
  3. Government Agencies whose employees don't answer their phone or respond to their voice mail.
  4. Theives and Cheats.
  5. Family fights

Love:

  1. I love my Family---I don't say it enough but I truly do.
  2. Shooting Christmas balls with the grandkids.
  3. Having our kids show up at the house for Holidays.
  4. Good Friends and seeing them.
  5. Finally being able to see the light on the end of loan payments.

OK those probably aren't the most or the least or even close to all of them but they are in the group----this was extremely hard for me to try to blog about---probably says something about stuffing stuff.

4 comments:

Lindsay Logic said...

Wow, I have a lot of the same Love and Hate items. I forget about stop and go traffic in rush hour...that's so annoying. I don't know what I would do if I had an annoying commute like that. Shooting Christmas ornaments is one of my all-time favorite memories. I love to go shooting! I wish my husband loved to target practice more. He is more into just sighting in a rifle, then going hunting...I like to target practice. *L*

Lindsay Logic said...

P.S. The light at the end of loan payments is really short in our house, because as soon as one lights up, another tunnel begins. ;)

Native Minnow said...

The key to surviving rush hour traffic is to allow yourself enough time. It's much easier to sit through it if you're not going to be late. Of course, I usually try to go to work early enough (and leave late enough) to avoid it altogether.

Dee Ice Hole said...

I can get by rush hour traffic and high intensity traffic but I don't like it and have chosen to move where it does not exist---I love being able to make a left turn from a stop sign---or--drive straight across the road from one.