Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Sunday, January 27, 2008

IT'S A BRAND NEW DAY

Well it has been one week since we got the news that we may in fact be becoming forster parents for five of our grand children---yup---five. I told my wife well---so much for retiring and riding off into the sunset.

OK It's been a week and we still don't know what we have to do to get things straight so we can get the kids. DCFS is too busy to get us the information or to deal with us except when they want too---so tomorrow we find out when we can meet with them---yeah that's right the first time we have been able to meet with them to figure out what we need to do to get started on getting the kids.

I am just a wee bit concerned with taking them but feel like it is the only thing we can do---I love them and don't want anyone else having them so here we go. Buckle up the ride will be tough and long and all the things we need to do, including getting a different car, will be causing bad pains in the stomach and head. Guess we'll get through this---just don't know how right now.

5 comments:

Native Minnow said...

So much for worrying about empty nest syndrome. I hope this doesn't last too long. I'd like for you two to be able to enjoy your golden years.

PsychDoctor said...

I agree...I am just afraid that the way our brother thinks, he will think, "Well, they might be better off with mom and dad" and then not try as hard to get/stay clean. That would be messy...I don't think he realizes that if his parental rights are terminated, he will not be able to visit the kids either...at least I am pretty sure that is the case. So hopefully he won't think like that.

Delirious said...

It will be interesting to see which wins the fight....the desire to have the children, or the desire for the drugs.

Inklings said...

So, are we going to be foster parents or forester parents? Just checking :0)

Dee Ice Hole said...

I don't know about you but I can be both!!!!!!!!!!