Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Awwww Winter----SUCKS

We are at the heart of winter---it really isn't too bad here but I hate it. We have about an inch of snow melted down from about four inches. It is still white and not gray so we have had some decent air quality with this winter.

I spent most of the day yesterday stuck. We took a truck and trailer in to a stackyard to try to get some hay for the horses---made it most of the way in then broke through the frozen layer that we didn't know was there. About three hours later we were back on the road loaded with hay and with a new appreciation for the snow depths across the mountain.

I don't remember if I blogged about losing a horse on Christmas day but if I did here is a repeat. One of our best fox trotter horses stepped into a cattle guard on the road into the pasture---all four legs---and killed himself hitting his head on the guard---now that he is gone we can clearly say he was the best we ever had---right---yeah we can say and think it but he probably wasn't---he was a great horse though. We'll miss him on the trails.

I have returned to work and things are going OK there but I keep thinking it may be time to get out of the rat race. Every time I decide to do that something happens that kind of forces me to stay for a while longer---next Tuesday I cross 37 years working---I keep telling folks I have a really bad eye disease---I just can't see me being here.

4 comments:

Lindsay Logic said...

That's so sad! I'm sorry you lost your horse. I had heard you lost it, but I didn't know what happened. That's how Copper died last year. :( I hear the Fox-Trotter horses are smooth to ride, though I've never ridden one. *L*

~Kris said...

you will go crazy if you don't work. I can't picture it.

Lindsay Logic said...

Epitome, He wouldn't go crazy if he moved near us, because he could pick the dandelions out of our yard, too! HEE HEE *L*

PsychDoctor said...

He could always pick up a hobby...Like when we lived in B******* he would sit outside during the winter and spring and channel the water out of our driveway with a shovel...