Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

REPAIR DAY

Today I set about repairing some things and moving some others. I nearly have the windows in the living room repaired. Whoever put in the new windows did a terrible job of repair but then they were going to be covered by wall paper so looked alright. Spent most of the morning getting the mud on and smoothed out---it wasn't dry yet at dinner time so will have to wait until Monday to get sanded and new caulking put on to seal the frames. That will be fun. I always hate the caulking!

Fixed and sanded all of the holes in the walls that we have taken the wall paper off from in the living room---it is going to look really nice with new paint.

Moved the TV downstairs a little to square it up with the walls---one whole side fell off of the entertainment center when I started to move it. Can't imagine what happened with the break but suspect that Native Minnow or MJ (or maybe both) could probably fill me in. The repair was really easy. I went to the hardware store with one of the broken braces and a screw that held it on. The guy at the store took me into his cabinet shop---gave me 5 new braces (metal this time) and 15 new screws. I was tickled and wanted to know the price---he said I'll just give them to you...and he did. They fit perfectly and only took a few minutes to install. I put gorilla glue on the sides that touched the other wood too so the repair should hold for a very long time (at least until the next time that we move it).

1 comment:

Delirious said...

Or they will hold until the next party at your house. :)