Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

NEW MUSCLES OR UNUSED MUSCLES?

I am pretty sure it is unused muscles but I have been painting the bedroom this week and every single thing in there required two coats of paint to cover the walls. It was wall papered and never really painted---it was primed before they put up the wall paper thank goodness. Inklings pulled most of the paper off a few months ago but we got sick and then kept putting it off after we got better. I still have the ceiling left to paint but all the edging is done---so all that is left is to roll the paint on the ceiling. But SORE---my legs feel like they are on fire from climbing up and down on the chair a thousand times a day---they hurt like H E _ _.

I also replaced the lights in our bathroom. We went shopping and decided to look for a light set that we liked to replace the old hanging lights in there. We found one on sale for $7.50---reduced from $52.95---so we bought it. The guy that was helping us said they had stopped carrying that model and if we wanted the floor display he would take it down and give it to us at the advertised price. We loved the light set so we bought it. I tore out the old one and repaired and painted the ceiling and mounted the new lights. It is really nice. I could not believe we saved $45.00. It is a nice set for less than $8.00 and that included the light bulbs.

AND ONCE AGAIN I'D RATHER BE LUCKY THAN GOOD!!!!!

No comments: