Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Monday, February 22, 2010

FINALLY FINISHED



Early today I finished the painting inside our house. It is done---no more wall paper---nice clean walls---feels good to have it taken care of at least for now. There are other rooms that we need to do work on but I'm not starting anything new for a while. Here are a couple of pictures of the completed stair well after the pitures and the throw have been re-hung.

6 comments:

Delirious said...

Great job!

Lindsay Logic said...

Wow! It looks a TON better!

Dee Ice Hole said...

I am so tickled that we took all the paper off this wall and didn't dodge the high stuff---we thought about it but I am sure glad we didn't dodge it.

Sure am glad I have a little giant ladder though. Don't know how you would ever do stairs without one.

Nene said...

It really looks nice! The Irish people are crazy about wallpaper. They love big bold prints and the flocked wallpaper like we had back in the '60s. When they were building the house we are renting here, I looked at it before it was finished. I asked them if they were going to wallpaper it. She said yes, and I frowned. She asked me if I didn't want it wallpapered. I told her that in the States, wallpaper was basically "out" and I would prefer not to have the wallpaper. So they didn't put any in, and instead bought big paintings and hung them in every room. :0) I can deal with the paintings.

Amber said...

it looks really good!! :)

~Kris said...

:)
Congrats!