Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Friday, March 28, 2008

New Wheels

Inklings wrote about the only difference between men and boys is the size and the price of their toys---well today I got my new toy. I got a new work truck today that has all the whistles and bells on it. It is a Dodge 1/2 ton six pack with a short wheel base and a HEMI. It is like my old truck except it has the electric windows, smart key, electric doors, and a cd player. I picked it up this afternoon. It had 8 miles on when I picked it up.

This will definately be my last truck in my career---I thought the last one was---and it probably should have been---but this one is for sure. I have really enjoyed my old truck but have wished forever that I had electric windows and door locks---now I have them I won't have to reach across the truck to unlock the door anymore---I know that sounds like whining but with the console down like I have to have it, I am almost too short to reach the door handle to unlock the door.

My only wish is that this was my personal truck---I really like it.

5 comments:

Lindsay Logic said...

That's fun that you got a new truck. (Especially one that you don't have to pay for.) I bet you could find a decent price for a used one that you liked and I'd bet you could still get a decent price for the white dodge. If you decide to get a new one, you should check on ksl.com They have a ton of vehicles for sale on there and you can narrow your search to exactly what you're looking for. Congrats on the new wheels. :)

*L*

~Kris said...

Or buy it when you retire, I'm sure by then they might be selling it. :)

Native Minnow said...

I didn't even know they still made vehicles without electric windows ;-)

Delirious said...

Wow..maybe this will cure your desire for the new car. ;)

Dee Ice Hole said...

I love the truck and all the trappin's but it will never take the place of the little, fast, cute, pretty, two seater that I will probably never buy---but there is nothing to stand in the way of wanting one---I was serious when I told Inklings that maybe the motor cycle would take the place of the car---you saw her remarks on that.............