Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

WHOSE TAXES

Well I've spent the better part of Saturday and Sunday doing the Income Tax calculations for my two youngest daughters. I used Turbotax on line and it is a great system provided your internet provider doesn't kick you off line every fifteen minutes for two days. Irritating.YES!! VERY!!!

Now that I have them in the envelopes waiting for my daughters to sign them I feel pretty good about having them done. Then I think "Why should I be the one that has to spend all this time doing taxes?" And the answer is simple and it's the same every single time---"'cause you're the dad, that's why."

So all you dads out there who have been happy getting through tax time on your own---your kids are getting bigger and soon you can be the dad that does the taxes---"'cause you're the dad that's why!"

About 27 years ago I started to use H&R Block to do my taxes---they have always been good to get them done and they have always been able to get me returns that are bigger by far than what I pay them to do my calculations. In an audit situation with the IRS they are (and have been several times) there to defend my calculations and in case of any other problems they are there to help answer the questions. OK those services cost a little money---the services I provided for my daughters cost nothing---BUT---when it comes to an audit or answering questions about what is what they are on their OWN. It would behoove them to get the tax book and go through the figures that have been sent forward because I DO NOT PLAN TO ATTEND HEARINGS OR DEFEND ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEIR TAXES!!!

Good. luck. Girls.

5 comments:

Native Minnow said...

Luckily, their taxes aren't very complicated at all. Yet. When they have dependants, mortgages, business expenses to deduct, etc., I'd cut them loose and make them do i ton their own ;-)

MJ said...

Thanks for doing that though! You're the best. :)

Lindsay Logic said...

Don't they have the telefile anymore? That's what I always used and did my own and JayDee's. *L*

Dee Ice Hole said...

No More TELE FILE and the computer server I went through to do it kept turning off my phone so it took a ton of time to go back into the forms about 100 times each---lucky for the computer I got through or it wouldn't have!!

Lightning Strikes said...

Thank you for doing that for me!! I can't even tell you how nice that was!! I love you!