Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

TRIPPIN' AG'IN

We just got back from Mesquite---yes we---Inklings went with me to a training session for the first time in our married life. We went to a Forest Service Family meeting in Mesquite, Nevada. It has been five years since we have had a family meeting so we did it even though our budget is bad.

Was it worth the money? I believe it was. The things that come from these relationship building meetings never show up immediately but later on when the relationship is really needed to get through something really, really tough. That is the time when good managers have the relationships to fall back on and the bad ones don't---hope I am in the earlier group.

We had two tremendous speakers tell us some things we should be working on to make our lives better. Lenny Meece, a retired Doctor gone public teacher, talked to us a lot about how to reduce the stress in our lives and give our hearts a break. Randy Frazier, one of the best speakers I have ever heard, talked to us about the relationships we need to build and gave us many examples of how to do it.

Five years ago Randy taught us at the last meeting, he had written a poem titled "My Daddy Was a Farmer" which he read to us. I loved the poem and could identify with it even though my Daddy wasn't a farmer. It made me reflect on my life and the love I had from all the folks in my life as a child. This time he had written a poem titled "My Mamma Was a Farmers Wife". It was a great poem and I sat there with tears running down my face thinking---"I have to get up there as soon as he is done and close this meeting out---How the Hell am I ever going to be able to do that with my throat tied up like it is and the tears streaming down my face." He made a couple of other comments then finished up---by then I had recovered enough to go to the front and have both speakers stand up and we gave them a standing ovation for their time and efforts with us.

After we were finished up I told Randy how impressed I was that he was able to read that poem so well---at which he broke down and cried just like I had been. I am way impressed that he could control his emotions through the presentation---I didn't learn how to do it but I learned that it can be done.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

3 comments:

Keira said...

nice blog

Keira said...

and thanks for your comment on mine...I appreciate your two cents :o)

PsychDoctor said...

I love good speakers...it would be a nice gift to have...