Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

RAMBLIN'

Update on West Virginia coal mine---they went into the mine with air monitors and there was too much CO2 and Hydrogen to be safe so they have had to come back out and wait until they can clear the air out. The second hole into this area has been started but it's going to take some time to get into this area.

Earthquakes seem to be getting more severe to me. I watched a short clip on it yesterday and the people monitoring earthquakes say this year will probably not be any worse or better than any other year. You should Google recent earthquakes and open earthquakes from 8-30 days. I was shocked to see how many there have been---the Pacific Ocean has been completely surrounded by earthquakes in the last 30 days.

My daughters car is on the fritz again today---I wish she lived closer so that I could help her with these situations. As it is she just has to step up and figure it out herself.

Tiger Woods tees off in the Masters Tournament in one hour. Simply by coming back he has increased the viewership a whole lot---can't remember the numbers but it is a bunch. He's a great golfer---too bad he can't be a great individual---or maybe he can. Time will tell.

Is spring ever going to get here? It seems to me that we are way way way late seeing the low country free of snow. I am more than ready for spring to get here. I've got two sprinkler heads that I need to dig out and figure out why they aren't working properly before I can turn the system back on but I haven't felt like taking that job on in the miserable weather.

I also need to roto-till the garden so we are ready to plant it when the time is right.

'NUFF SAID---I'M A PROCRASTINATOR!

3 comments:

Nene said...

It's not looking good for those miners...

Native Minnow said...

I saw something the other day saying that mine has been cited for something like 25 safety violations in the past year. It doesn't get much more greedy than this. Allowing employees to be at risk of something like this rather than shutting down operations until it can be done safely.

I think you'd be surprised at how many earthquakes really do occur. They have a monitor in the geology department on campus that shows all the earthquakes in the world, and it always seems to be lit up when I pass by it. It's just that they usually don't occur in such heavily populated areas and cause this much death and destruction I guess. Or maybe the media is just paying more attention to it now. Who knows?

Native Minnow said...

Oops. Make that 204 safety violations.