Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

POOR HOST

I had a daughter and her fiance, and a son and two of his girls come for the weekend. The daughter came to show us her diamond from her engagement and our son came to do some work in a town near here. Our daughter agreed to take care of teh girls while he was working. Inklings is still with her parents while her mother is recovering from surgery.

I really struggled with what I needed to do to feed them. They all woke up at different times Saturday morning so they got to help themselves to cereal and toast because I wasn't about to cook three different breakfasts. We went to see Inklings and her folks and had lunch there---sandwiches, pickles, chips and drinks that I took with us. We got home a little late so I baked pizzas from Papa Murphy's. Breakfast today was cereal (included some oatmeal servings). Lunch was hot dogs and chili. Not a great menu but guess it was good enough to get us through. They probably won't even think about visiting again if Inklings isn't home. ;=)

We did have a good laugh about when they were kids and I had to feed them---they said they either got to eat cold cereal (a treat at that time) or scrambled eggs---or if they were really smart the got to go out for fast food.

3 comments:

PsychDoctor said...

I thought the food was great...
and thanks for letting me use your truck on Sat...

Lindsay Logic said...

I remember you cooking us pancakes when Mom was in the hospital with baby #6. I was so excited that you knew how to cook! lol ;)

The food's not important, it's tne company! (That's why I'm still married- haha)

MJ said...

I just enjoyed being able to come and spend time. It was a good trip down. I really do love hot dogs, and sometimes I crave them and go to 7 eleven late at night. It was good to see you and a good visit.