Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Monday, May 4, 2009

MY $0.02

The Supreme Court sent the Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction at the Super Bowl back to the appeals court with the recommendation they re-instate the $550,000 fine levied by the network. Just goes to show you that we waste a lot of time at the Supreme Court. The fine levied was about 1/3 what a 30 second commercial cost for the same amount of time on Super Bowl Sunday. I personally hope it cost her more to fight the fine and then lose it and have to pay the fine anyway. I think Justin Timberlake should be responsible for the fine money.

LeBron James was just named MVP of the NBA. Like it or not he's a great player. I was very impressed today by what he said in an interview. Asked if he were a CEO of a major club who he would pick for his team. The choices him or Michael Jordan. After some pretty fine words about how great the game was and how tough it was to earn public respect he said " I would have to pick MJ after all look at all the firsts in his career." That has to be one of the best statements I have ever heard an athlete make.

Today, the stock market gained back to where it was at the beginning of 2009. That's right today we are at the same place we were on January 5. That is a good thing. Depending on how you do the math or where you start this is a 22% increase from the year low - on the other hand it is still a 40% decrease from the all time high. Either way it is a good gain for this early in the year.

I just lost about half of this post so I'll be back later with my assessment of Mine That Bird.

No comments: