Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

A COUPLE OF FUNNY THINGS HAPPENED

A couple of funny things that I thought should be shared happened today.

My Mother, who is 92, called and reminded me that my Aunt T. was turning 92 tomorrow. Then she said that my Aunt F. would be turning 92 on June 4. I kind of chuckled and said it is nice that the three of you have been good friends most of your lives and will be 92 together. My Mother immediately bristled up and said "I am 92. They will be 92 on their birthday." I would have thought that a couple of days or weeks to a 92 year old wouldn't have meant that much. After I hung up the phone I had a big laugh about this. So when I get to be 92 don't laugh where I can hear you. Oh yeah she can't hear either.

I went garage saling with Inklings today. We left pretty early and went to a lot of sales. At the last one there was a 1969 Thunderbird and a 2000 Harley Davidson cycle for sale. I hurried over to look at the T-Bird and Inklings looked at the price over my shoulder. Then I went over and looked at the cycle - it was beautiful.

When we finished and got in the car Inklings said "I was really surprised that you didn't buy that car." I said "buy that car? Did you see the price?" She said "yes but when I saw it was $2,700 I was pretty sure we were going home with another car." I said "yeah right if it would have been $2,700 I would have bought it - it was $27,000 - and the bike was $17,500." Inklings said "Now I understand why you didn't even ask me to come and look at them."

I am going to continue to watch that bike---he'll never get his asking price--- but when the price goes down I will reconsider a purchase. I would dearly love to have that bike. The engine is 1400 cc's - that is 200 cc's bigger than the engine we had in our Volkswagon Van. It would be awesome to open that up out on the freeway - yeah I know alone - Inklings would never go with me on that.

3 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I'd prefer a Ducati Superbike to a Harley. I'd probably kill myself on either one.

Inklings said...

I didn't go over by the Thunderbird so misread the price tag on it. I guess my brain refused to admit it could be selling for $27,000. :0)I have to admit that I never even liked Thunderbirds like that when they were brand new; they are an ugly car.
By the way, I spent a whole 85 cents at the garage sales. :0)And not all that in one place. :0)

Amber said...

I love thunderbirds, I can't decide if my next car will be a thunderbird or a jeep wrangler,decisions, decisions ;>