Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

FINALLY GOT 'EM ALL

Last night I made a run to a town 60 miles south of us to meet our grandson's foster parents and finally bring him home for what ever time we have them. It was a good feeling to finally have all of them in one place. I think he was happy to finally be with his brothers and sister again.

It was nice of his foster parents to bring him over. It saved me about two hours of driving and got me home before dark. The wind on the Interstate was bad---real bad---it was blowing ash up from the big fire last summer that burned from Minersville to North of Fillmore---biggest fire in Utah history---anyway it was blowing dust everywhere and it looked like we were driving into a storm until we got there then it was just dust and ash---the automatic lights on the car came on it was so dark---

3 comments:

Lindsay Logic said...

I'm glad you finally have him there with you. That's got to be a big relief to all of the kids! I'm glad you had a safe trip, too! I hate driving when conditions are crappy.

*L*

Native Minnow said...

Driving in an ash storm sounds kind of cool.

Dee Ice Hole said...

It was kind of eerie driving through the ash---do you remember the day Mt. St. Helens blew her top and the ash storm in Montana---it was about like that only the ash wasn't falling from the sky---just blocking the sun to darkness.