Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

BEEN THERE---DONE THAT

This has been kind of a tough weekend for me. We really can't go anywhere because we don't have great transportation and the only time we go is to see the kids parents as required by DCFS. I also wonder if it was this hard to raise our children. I don't think it was but I was gone a heck of a lot when they were young and Inklings did all of the hard stuff. I do know that our children were taught what our expectations were and they lived up to them most of the time---when they didn't there was a price to pay and they paid it.

These kids don't seem to understand that the rules are the same today and tomorrow and always---they seem to wake up in a new world every single day with the rules given to them again and again. Maybe someday they will realize that without these rules no one will want to be around them.

It sucks---Grandpa's aren't supposed to be the bad guys that teach kids life lessons---but I am and that is the best that can be made out of this situation.

Guess it is true.....LIFE SUCKS AND THEN YOU DIE!!!!

5 comments:

Lindsay Logic said...

So...do you still think that Grandkids are so much fun you should've had them first?

:)
*L*

~Kris said...

Well, someone has to teach them how to behave in society. Sorry it has to be you, but I'm glad someone is...

Dee Ice Hole said...

L---If I'd a had 'em first they wouldn't be this way---yeah I wish I would have had them first.
E---not sure it is possible at this point to get the teaching done--they wake up in a new world every single day with no memory of what the rules were yesterday--they will though---count on that.

PsychDoctor said...

That middle paragraph describes it perfectly...I will start using that idea when I write reports for DCFS...It is frustrating...My kids are similar...

PsychDoctor said...

Mom should write a story about kids that wake up every day and think it is a new world with no rules, and then they get fixed and realize that the rules stay the same. Then she could read it to them every day until it sinks in... :)