Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Monday, November 12, 2007

THE PRICE WE PAY

Today is a Federal holiday---it is not necessarily a State or Local holiday---it is for sure not a school holiday so while I have the day off my wife, who works for the school, does not. So what do I do on a day that I have off alone---well for starters today I have been reading through all of the jokes I have on the computer trying to find some that are appropriate for my boss' going away party---notice I said trying---I am doing the MC for her party so wanted to at least have a few good jokes to throw in there---I now have a few (very few).

I went in to work very early this morning because I forgot to do something Friday---It has been bothering me all weekend and I didn't want it to ruin today too---it was good to get it done---I no longer feel guilty.

After I finish this up I think I will go take a nap---that is always an appropriate use of time off.

Oh such a beautiful day---I look forward to the 20 days of annual leave I will be taking in the next two months---I think I should get the paint shook and start painting the hall that the girls started stripping the wall paper off from---yeah that is part of the price too---to finish what others started and didn't have the time to finish.

3 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I took the morning off and went mountain biking with a group of friends. However, since I have a grant proposal due Friday, couldn't justify not doing any work today, so now I'm getting ready to work on the proposal a little more. I hope you enjoy your time off.

Inklings said...

You don't have to paint the hall. I'll finish it.

MJ said...

We were waiting for the clear strips to get taken off. We'll do it when I come home for Thanksgiving