Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Friday, February 4, 2011

OH WHAT A TANGLED WEB

Yesterday I received a forward from a friend I used to work with. It had been forwarded to him so I looked to see if I recognized any names from the previous forward. I did---the second name on the addresses was the name of my first Forest Supervisor when I went to work full time. So I copied the name and address and sent a message asking if he was the guy. He responded that he was and we sent several messages back and forth. It was fun to find him and communicate a little with him. HE WANTED TO KNOW HOW A YOUNG GUY COULD BE RETIRED ;-). It was sad to find out that many of our co-workers are no longer with us. The intertnet is a wonderful thing for reconnecting with people---even if you have to steal the name from an unknown party that sent it to one of your friends.
'TIS A TANGLED WEB.

1 comment:

Looney said...

I have lost track of far too many people over the years. Always glad when the internet allows them to reconnect.