Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

CELEBRATE

Tonight is a celebration for me---we got the garden and the flower garden planted today. That is a great accomplishment for me. I am always happy when we finally get them planted. This year so far we have planted in the garden two rows of pole beans, a cherry tomato, a roma tomato, six better boy tomatoes, six green peppers, one jalepeno pepper, a crookneck squash, a zukeni squash, five hills of cucumbers and a patch of green onions about 3'x6' (not in a row but an oblong patch---and I probably forgot something but this is all I can remember.

I like the feeling of having the garden planted but I don't like that as much as when we start picking tomatoes and cucumbers and things from it to eat every night---I like that better---much better.


1 comment:

~Kris said...

I like it when people put flowers in their vegetable garden too!
It makes it cuter. We got an upside down tomatoe planter that holds 4 or so and then you put herbs on top. :)
I don't know how it works, but I will let ya know.