Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

SPRINKLER REPAIR

Yesterday I called for a plumbing company to repair two sending units (I finally thought of the name them---it is solenoids) on our sprinkler system. They looked at it yesterday and said they would fix it on a day when the weather was warmer with no wind. This morning Inklings and I were heading out to the store to get some milk. When I backed into the road I noticed a repair truck parked along the side of our house. We pulled the car back into the garage and I went to see what was going on.

The repair guy was one of the owners kids and was about 20 or 21 years old. He had replaced one solenoid and repaired the leak in the pipe to the other one and was nearly done. I thought it was pretty amazing that they had sent this kid out to repair the sprinkler when it was 15 degrees colder and lots windier than yesterday. Guess that is the price you pay to be a child of the owner. I was amazed at how fast he did it and how good the job looked. He told me "I am one of the __Co.__ Kids and we didn't have any choice. We had to learn about plumbing."

I ran the tests for the sprinklers and all is well except I have one leak in the main line in the back yard--I'll fix that tomorrow after the ground has dried up a little from the sprinkling and flooding that it got today.

No comments: