Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

PROBABLE LAST UPDATE 6/8/09 3:30 P.M.

I called in yesterday morning to see how Grandma was doing but couldn't get through. I don't know why but they couldn't connect me even through the front desk. I had to go to an orientation session for all the folks that work for me so was out of service until after 3:00 p.m. I didn't get through until after 3:00 p.m.

The prognosis as well as I can tell is that she is getting better quickly. The reaction to the anesthesia has been treated and was pretty effective but it made her sick to her stomach. They couldn't stop the treatment because of her leg and arm twitching so she had to suffer through the sick stomach to get the anesthesia reaction fixed.

They finally let her eat real food. She will tell you that she nearly starved to death because they would only give her clear liquids and she couldn't stand the salty broth and now hates jell-o....any kind of jell-o.

I don't know for sure but my bet is they let her out Tuesday around mid-day to go home. Don't know that for sure but I think they have everything taken care of that they can do so will send her home to mend. That's my bet......for what it's worth.....

5 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so glad they are finally getting her better, I bet she will be so glad to go home!! I hope her two daughters spoil her rotten! :)

Delirious said...

Thanks for the update. I think she will change her mind about jello for one reason. The jello they give you in the hospital doesn't taste as good as the real thing. The flavors are bland and yucky. But I have to admit, I really worried about her not eating all of that time.

MJ said...

I can really sympathize with her because I hate jello. Any kind. Any time. The kind in the hospital is even worse than usual though. I am glad she is getting better.

Lightning Strikes said...

I'm glad she is getting better!! Hopefully she gets to go home soon!

~Kris said...

Another update is in order. :)