Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Sunday, April 26, 2009

RELICENSED

Some of you know some don't that we had custody of five of our seventeen grand children last year. We were required to get licensed as foster parents in order to get them released to us by DCFS. So what that entailed was Inklings was required to take 24 hours of training in parenting and I was required to take 12 and had to make up the additional 12 hours before May 1 - yeah - May 1.

I completed those hours of training yesterday after spending Friday night from 4:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Guess that is cutting it by a thread. The last day for me to take those classes is next Thursday. So was it procrastination? No just good planning because all of the other classes like the required one were taught at a different location except for this one. I am glad that I could take it from home though and not have to drive hundreds of miles to do it.

Now all Inklings has to do is take 12 hours of training a year and I have to take 4 hours a year to keep the license in effect. Those trainings are generally somewhere else and we go to them together so they aren't too bad.....last year Inklings had 25 hours.

These grand children went back to their parents in December and are doing pretty good with them. It was hard to have them with us because they didn't want to be here, but it is pretty hard to have them gone and not get to see them too.

No comments: