Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

FINAL FOUR

AAAAHHHHH - College Basketball is about to finish up - the final four is going on tonite with Michigan thumping UConn and it looks like NC will thump Villanova. The way things look to me the NC Tarheels will be the National Champions. I don't think Michigan has what it takes to beat them and I know they have what it takes to beat Michigan. Anyway through it all I think NC is far and away the best team this year. Yeah I know we are all entitled to our opinions but I'm still picking them and they have two games to go.

The Jazz suck right now. They didn't even play the final quarter the last three games (maybe more). I hate watching them play the last quarter. And I don't have any faith that they can win even when they have a 10 point lead with less than two minutes to go. It makes me crazy to see them blow these big leads with hardly any time left. I certainly hope they make it into the playoffs but I have no aspirations that they will make it to the final four in the professional ranks. NOPE - NOT A SINGLE ONE.

The stock market is on the rise - finally - since January it had lost about 30% - this month it has gained about 10% - but the 10% is on a way reduced total so it isn't a 1/3 recovery. It is on the rise though and that is a good thing. I believe when it starts to recover it will recover rapidly but who am I to predict the market - I chickened out and pulled out back when it peaked - I am very happy that I did because it will help to have that money when I retire in January. However, if I had played it safe my entire life I would have less than 1/4 of what I have to retire on. My advice - IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN FIVE YEARS UNTIL RETIREMENT - LEAVE YOUR MONEY IN THE STOCK MARKET.

I have been sponsored to hire a student into a job where they will be trained as a professional while they are going to school - and when they finish up they will have a full time professional job. It is a neat program and it tickles me that I get to do it occasionally. I hired a young lady. Her family brought her down from school to look for housing this weekend. Her father is very tickled that she is getting to do this job (I think it would be his dream job). I think she wants to do it too but not as bad as her dad wants her to. Her Mother is having a little tougher time letting her little girl move further from home and having her gone for the summer. It is pretty tough when your kids go to college but it is lots tougher when they stop coming home to work summers. She's as cute kid and I hope she enjoys the job and learns some new and exciting things this summer.

Spring is nearly here - it snowed and blew all night last night but none of the snow stayed in the valley. There was just a dusting this morning but the mountains around the valley were very white when we got up this morning. The moisture is a good thing - the COLD AND WIND sucks - badly.

WOOPS THAT IS FIVE SO GOTTA SHUT IT DOWN FOR TONITE.

No comments: