Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Friday, July 4, 2008

YUCK

Today in fire camp I got sick---kind of a flu and I have tossed my cookies many times. Think about how bad that would be if you had to upchuck in one of the standard blue outhouses filled with blue water----now you've thought about that it is never going to happen to me as long as there is land outside the hut but that doesn't make me feel a lot better.

I am now in the recovery mode and will be fine. This is the very first time I have been really sick in fire camp---Inklings thinks these things are happening because I am too old.....she might be right....but I don't plan to quit the team anytime in the near future. YUP Native Minnow is right I do love doing this stuff.

6 comments:

Delirious said...

Ugh..I hope you get feeling better soon!

Dee Ice Hole said...

I am good to go now---I usually don't stay sick for more than a few hours

Lindsay Logic said...

I was going to say...there's no way I would ever, ever throw up in an outhouse. I'd throw up in a garbage can first. :) It sucks to be sick, I hope you stay feeling better. Sad we missed you on our trip!

*L*

~Kris said...

I would throw up outside first, too. Or in a garbage sack. Never in an outhouse. :)
Glad you are feeling better, hope you are taking pictures to post

Dee Ice Hole said...

No Pictures---not smart enough to download them

Amber said...

maybe it was just a touch of food poisoning or something - glad you are feelin' better!