Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Monday, July 7, 2008

"YOU CAN TELL WHEN A FIRE IS STARTING TO BE CONTAINED---THE ACREAGE STARTS TO GO DOWN!!!"

And from that quote you can tell our fires aren't. We have steadily gained acreage since we arrived---we are currently at 9731 acres and by tomorrow it will be over 10,000. The Klamath Hot Shot crew is doing an exceptional job of a burn out this afternoon and haven't lost any acres outside the line so maybe we are going to finally have some success. Guess we have had a lot of success already since we've burned around a lot of houes and structures and so far haven't lost any---time will tell but I think we may be close to winning the day we leave---we won't win in our tenure....too much fire and too few crews and engines.

5 comments:

Lindsay Logic said...

WOW! Good luck and stay safe!

*L*

~Kris said...

For every house you save, there's a grateful family that gets to live there. :)

Dee Ice Hole said...

No one will ever know how many of those are in my back pocket.

Delirious said...

You might be interested to read what my blogging friend Looney has to say about the California fires. http://looneyfundamentalist.blogspot.com/

Dee Ice Hole said...

I tried to read his blog for fire stuff but he has way too much stuff that I don't care about for me to find the fire stuff---sorry---I did spend about fifteen minutes trying to find it.