Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Friday, May 23, 2008

WHEW

Wednesday we picked up the youngest three grandkids from a town two hours south as authorized by DCFS (bless their tiny little heads). Friday we pick up the other two---one for the summer and the other for the weekend---we finally get to pick the final one up full time on June 14 after he has completed his little league baseball.

Wow---five kids in a couple of weeks. Not much time to prepare and no way to get younger and gain a lot more energy. Oh well I didn't do that great with the first batch so guess we'll get by this one too.

Here is the mileage summary for this week---Sunday 220 miles taking kids back, Wednesday 220 miles attending meeting and getting three kids, Friday 220 miles taking three for a visit and picking up the other two for the weekend, Sunday or Monday 220 miles taking the little league player back. Inklings also had a 450 mile round trip North this week---LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

One word: Redbull - it's pretend energy and it's gotten me through a ton of exhausting times. The RockStar is tastier though. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for the gas thing, I myself also have a coronary every time I put gas in my car as memories flash back when I could fill up my dad's Geo Tracker for less than $9.00. :::sigh:::

Dee Ice Hole said...

It is good to see you back in operation---now get your blog spot reestablished so we can keep up with what you ar up to---see also---Twist's Amber Alert.