Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Thursday, May 1, 2008

ORGANIZED????????


Here are a couple of pics of the storage cabinet we built in the garage Tuesday--I think it turned out great. We had just barely finished it when Inklings called DCFS to see what they wanted to do about inspecting it. They told her they would take her word that it was done.
Yesterday (Wednesday) Inklings went to court in a town a couple of hours south with our child and the judge said we could get the grand kids. So we get to bring them here for the May 9 and May 16 weekends and then we get them full time when school gets out on May 22 or 23 and I can't remember which day it is.
SO---at this time it appears that all of the crap (and it has been crap) we have had to put up with through this ordeal (and it has been an ordeal) is worth it--it will be more worth it when the kids are here.
As far as the storage cabinet for all the poison and gas and other stuff--guess I wish I had done it earlier without having to be pushed by DCFS---our garage is much safer today than it was Monday..........

4 comments:

Amber said...

it looks really nice and organized - I bet the kids can't wait to be with their grandparents! I'm glad all the hoopla is done with!

Keira said...

Any chance you'll come to the fire out here by Albuquerque? It's in the Manzano mountains and has gotten pretty bad since last night with the 40+ mph winds we're having. I heard they were bringing in a team from AZ.

Nene said...

I said this to Inklings, but I wanted to tell you too - I'm really proud of ya'll for putting up with the crap DCFS has put you through so that you could get your license. I think the kids need to be with their grandparents. This things has been hard enough for them. Good job with the cabinet - looks great!

Dee Ice Hole said...

response to all y'all---I am oh so happy to have all the hoopla (spelled Bull S_ _ _) taken care of---I think---My fire team comes up May 16 so we probably won't see any existing fire anywhere in the west---we got to New Mexico a couple of years ago but that is not an easy place to get assigned for an outside team.