Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EPITOME OF SWEETNESS

Inkling wrote about the birth of our daughter a few years ago in a far away state. We lived in the backwoods---literally---50 miles from the nearest medical services.

When Inklings started labor we left our little compound driving as fast as I could get the car to go. I was stopped by a highway patrolman about 30 miles from home. I told him what was going on and he sent me on my way---he didn't offer to help. As I drove the narrow winding road for the next 20 miles I noticed that all of the large vehicles were stopped off the edge of the road---all of them---

Turned out the highway patrol man had called on the CB and notified everyone on the road of the emergency and told them to pull off the road until I had passed them---I didn't know that at the time but I didn't slow down for anything either. We lucked out and got there in time to save her life---because we had a great doctor---that worked extremely hard to keep her alive---

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS---We love you.

2 comments:

PsychDoctor said...

I think that is so cool that the MHP did that for you....

Dee Ice Hole said...

NEARLY COST HIM HIS JOB FOR NOT LEADING US THROUGH ALL OF THAT AND ASSISTING IN THE EMERGENCY.