Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Friday, July 15, 2011

RAMBLE ON

On Wednesday we went North to a celebration of life for my friend that died last week. A CELEBRATION??? I told his spouse, who is also a friend, that I just couldn't do the celebration thing but that I'd keep my mourning to myself. WRONG---when I talked to their boys I cried when I told them to always remember who they were and never forget whose they were. It was tougher to talk to them than I thought it would be. I saw lots of people that I haven't seen for a while and did enjoy those visits.

There were a lot of his accomplishments talked about during the ceremony and it really made me think about how good of life he lived. I laughed when they said his boys told everyone that they were raised CATHERAN (or Lutheric) because their Dad was Catholic and their Mom was Lutheran. They attended the Lutheran Church there but my friend was always CATHOLIC---marked by the Nun's at Creyton Prep where he went to High School in Omaha, Nebraska.

On the way up to the celebration we hauled furniture to two of our daughters that has been stored in our house for a while now. It seems good to have it out and the space back available to do nothing with. We were nearly late for the ceremonies due to unloading the furniture but got there before anything much got started.

We tried to load up some other stuff for a daughter and haul it back to her but I just plain ran out of gas and had to bag that for the night. The next day we delivered it to her on our way home.

Had dinner with three of our kids and four of our grand kids so all in all it was an OK trip.

No comments: