Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Friday, November 19, 2010

PREPARATIONS FOR FLYING MULCH

The dates on the photos should be 11/17/2010 and I don't know how the camera date got off but it is.
BACK ON THE FARM????

It was never this easy to move bales of anything when I was working on the farm.


The trucks are all off loaded into a storage site close to a paved road and the straw is stacked in a huge stack. It is moved to the helispots by farm tractor pulled bale wagons at either 8 or 12 bales to the load depending on the size of the bales.

The bales are put into a stack just like you see on the farm.

Tried to start the stack here but there is just too much slope and the bales won't stand.


Two fuel tenders on the helispot. They are parked in spill containment kits to prevent a hazmat spill. We are ready to fly as soon as the weather cooperates. It is too windy again today.

1 comment:

Dee Ice Hole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.