Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A LITTLE AT A TIME.

I worked yesterday and went to the place where the seed for the Twitchell Canyon fire is being mixed. About half of the seed is already there and the rest is being delivered today and tomorrow. The last two loads of seed have to be tested before they can be mixed to assure there are no noxious weed seeds in them and to get the percentage of seed that is live. That will make a big difference on application rates since the rates specified are for pure live seed.

I am releived to have the seed on hand and some of it is being mixed today and tomorrow. They will continue to mix next week if the tests come back good on the seed delivered this week. Time will tell---hope it tests good.

They are evaluating the bids this morning for the aircraft that is going to apply the seed and the mulch. The award could be made as early as tomorrow. It is starting to look like we'll be flying seed next week. That will put me completed with the project by December 15th if everything goes well. Would love to have it completed by then...both for me and for the ground being seeded and mulched.

No comments: