Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

VERNAL EQUINOX T'DAY AT 11:32

Today we have the Vernal equinox. I spent a little time on google this morning trying to figure out what that is all about. What I found is this is one of two days a year where we have equal amounts of light and dark (Vernal and Autumnal equinoxes). It is midway between the winter and summer solstices. It is also the official first day of spring---hang on to your hats we're gonna get some storm to celebrate spring---maybe not today but we aren't out of the woods yet.

1 comment:

Delirious said...

It's actually so nice here that we have our windows opened. Last night my daughter came downstairs and said it was cold. I looked at the thermometer and saw that it aw 70 degrees. I think she just isn't used to the humidity yet.