Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

FACE OFF AND OTHER FUN STUFF

Here is what I did Thursday---nothing serious but the four spots have started to change so they are off and on the way to the cancer lab---Doc is pretty sure there is no problem but we'll know for sure in a few days.....shoulda done this forty or fifty years ago.




Here is the little project I did Wednesday. I finally got the drip torch from Cascade Fire Equipment. When I went to get the parts for the lamp the guy at Home Depot that was helping me find them wouldn't let me get just a plain globe he talked me into getting the one in the lamp---it flickers like a candle. It turned out better than I had ever hoped for. Was tougher that I thought to thread the electrical wire through the nozzle though---and stiffer wire would get around the circle but then wouldn't go up the straight part.

10 comments:

Lindsay Logic said...

I need to go get some moles removed. I need to make an appointment. How would you like to be a pathologist? Gross.

Cool lamp! I like it!

Delirious said...

I like that bulb...looks like a flame. :)

Amber said...

I hope your tests come back clean! Cool lamp!

PsychDoctor said...

I have two moles I want removed...how much does it cost?

Dee Ice Hole said...

Psych---I have no idea of the cost but it will be plenty you can count on that---I am not even sure if the insurance is going to participate but hope they do.

Epitome of Sweetness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Epitome of Sweetness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Epitome of Sweetness said...

I have had tons of moles removed. If you hate a mole, all you have to say is something like it bugs you, because your shirt rubs on it, or whatever the reason. I had one that itched...and tell your dermatologist that, and it will only cost you a copay. I had some pretty scary looking ones on my back, and even though he thought they were fine, I was sick of all the Dr/wannabes telling me I was going to die. :)

Epitome of Sweetness said...

Call your Dr, give them your insurance, and they can tell you your out of pocket cost.

Epitome of Sweetness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.