Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Friday, January 1, 2010

A VISIT TO DEE ICE'S HOUSE IN JANUARY by: Choral Responses

'Tis the month after Christmas and the kids are still wired,
But it doesn't faze me, because I'm retired.
They've eaten me out of my house and my home,
And returned to their homes, leaving us all alone.

Their ma, with her cartoons, and her internet blog,
Is keeping her siblings amazed and agog.
But I have been working for so many years,
That to be without work is now building my fears.

So I'll put on my slippers, and sit down in my chair,
Then I'll grab my remote, to see what's on the air.
Be it sitcoms or qame shows, commercials or soaps,
I'll watch 'cause my sanity is right on the ropes.



So with reruns and movies to hold fast my gaze,
I will sit and just stare 'til my eyes feel ablaze.
Then perhaps I will settle for a long winter's nap,
While I sit and I pet the cat on my lap.



So while ringing my doorbell, you make a big clatter,
If I don't jump up to see what is the matter,
Don't worry too much, through the windows don't peep,
With slippers and remote, I've fallen asleep

9 comments:

Inklings said...

The cat looks like she's thinking about changing the channel while you are asleep. :0)

Delirious said...

Inklings would tell me to bite me tongue, but I think you should buy a horse!

Dee Ice Hole said...

I can go horse back riding anytime I want too. I do good teaching young horses to be better horses so I don't have trouble getting a horse to ride. The problem right now is that it is way too cold to be messing around with horses.

Inklings said...

Delirious, you are going to be in big trouble with me if he buys a horse!

Native Minnow said...

I think it'd be great to have a horse. Just think of how much fun the grandkids could have on the few days a year that they come to visit. Ha!

Nene said...

I agree with Minnow and Delirious.
:0)

Amber said...

LOL cute! :)

Inklings said...

Well see it's this way - we have no place to keep a horse, no money to feed a horse, no money to take the horse to a vet, no trailer to pull the horse to where Dee Ice would want to start riding, and I know from experience that I would have to help shovel the horse's output and take care of it.
So all of you who want us to have a horse, you move out here, you get a horse, and then you can let Dee Ice ride it. :0)

Lightning Strikes said...

Lol Love the picture of Kinsey on your lap