Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

TRIP'N'

Friday we headed North to a retirement party for a woman I worked with for five years on a District. She retired on the same day I did and our parties were, at first, scheduled on the same date. Mine was changed to allow others to come that needed to be to both. It was a fun party and I am glad I went. I got to see a lot of old friends and had a great visit.

The best part of the trip was we got to see our four girls and one son and their children, or at least most of their children. I also got to spend a couple of hours with one of my friends that has very bad cancer. I am very glad we made the effort to go to the party. I had a great time and am glad I got to do the visiting I did.

We also planned to go to Barnes and Noble to spend the gift certificate I got at my retirement party - you know the one in University Mall - wrong there isn't one in that mall---shoulda visited the one further North. Oh well hind sight is always 20/20 - ALWAYS!

4 comments:

Nene said...

I hate it when that happens! I went to the mall during Christmas to go to Williams-Sonoma and found out they weren't in the mall anymore. That was the end of that idea for a Christmas present. :0+

Native Minnow said...

You could probably cash your gift certificate in at Barnes & Noble's web site - in case you don't head out of town for a while.

Amber said...

sounds like a great trip - and there's always barnes and noble online!

PsychDoctor said...

There is one just west of University Mall...on the south side of University Parkway...