Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

WOW-WHAT IS NEXT?

OK so Obama has been in office for 9 full days and has managed to convince Congress to spend and additional $850 Billion dollars to bail us out of a depression. Guess what? You cannot borrow yourself out of financial difficulty - no matter what anyone tells you it can't be done. So far in the bailout we are pretty close to two trillion dollars---I am not sure I even know how many zeroes to put on that number. Oh well - I'm old and won't live to see the repayment - maybe the beginning but not the repayment....sorry kids....I tried to be frugal but it didn't buy us much and you'll get to pay this back even after you had to live through it.

Serena is gonna win the Australian Open - AGAIN - she is an awesome athlete. I am impressed that she hasn't gone down the road that everyone wanted her to go down and lose sight of everything for the sake of her game. YA DONE GOOD GAL!!!! I'll be watching Saturday when she wins her tenth major and I really don't like tennis.

Blogojavich is no longer Governor of Illinois - 100% voted to IMPEACH him - that has got to be a record for anything coming out of a Senate---ANYWHERE---100%?

I had a snowmobile break down this afternoon about twenty miles from the truck - thank God they went in pairs and were able to tow the damn thing back to the truck. They got home safe and the machine is back at the shop to get re-repaired - this was the maiden voyage to see if it would run after a recent tune up and major carburetor rebuild.

One of my cooperators raised hell with my boss about me today - I told my boss that was fine I would go talk to the guys boss (one of my really good friends) about what is going on and resolve it at the State level. I got convinced by my boss that maybe that wasn't the best way to resolve this but guess it is OK for everyone to talk to my boss - I just have to make sure that they get at least part of what they want and make sure I don't talk to their boss.

We finished an EIS, an EA, and a CE this week for three projects---not bad for one half a week. By all rights I should call the rest of the week off before I do something I will regret for a long time - NOPE - I ain't a gonna do that. Not when there is a battle to be fought. Reminds me a little of Braveheart AND HIS BATTLE FOR LIBERTY!!!!!

I wrote about going to one of my friends Father's funeral a couple of weeks ago. In that funeral one of the speakers started to reminisce about the people on main street in the little town I grew up in and how they influenced his life. I came home and made a list 67 people that have had a very real impact on my values and how I turned out - FINALLY - none of them would have bet on me getting to where I am. NOPE - NOT ONE.

The stock market is going up and down at the rate of about 3% a day--up one day down the next. If you are playing in the market here is some advice from a very conservative investor. If you are going to be in it for three or more years go ahead and continue to play - if not - GET OUT YOU ARE JUST GAMBLING - and there isn't much hope of being able to second guess it right now with all the ups and downs. Long term you'll be OK. EVEN WITHOUT THE BAIL OUT.

As you can see from the above my mind can't focus on a single thing longer than two minutes right now and I can't remember the rest of the things I was going to add to this list---I MAY BE BACK WITH THE REST ON ANOTHER BLOG TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow how is that for random thinking?????

5 comments:

Delirious said...

What is really eating at me is that Obama wants to give out more free birth control (ie: more government spending), but worst of all, he wants to fund international abortions!! We can't even bail ourselves out of the housing crisis and he wants to kill babies!?

Lindsay Logic said...

Delirious- He's probably justifying it by thinking free birth control is cheaper than welfare for life, which a lot of poor people that can't afford birth control- can't afford kids, either. I'm with you on the abortion thing, but I don't disagree on prevention in the first place.

DeeIceHole- I like reading your random thoughts, it feels a bit like a lunch conversation, jumping from one thing to another. :) I got my IRA statements today and both mine and my husband's accounts have lost money. He's in riskier stocks than I am, but it isn't all that much money, so I'm not that worried. (It's our Roth IRA, not the 401K)

Lindsay Logic said...

However, my 401k has declined in value as well. :(

Dee Ice Hole said...

ROTH is teh way to go---don't worry about the loss---you'll get it back in SPADES---keep putting your money into it and you'll see what I mean a few years down the road---BUY LOW---SELL HIGH---that's how it's done.

PsychDoctor said...

I lost $8000 in my 401K/A this year... :(

I hear what you are saying on going into debt to solve a financial crisis...Eventually, we will be owned by China when they want to collect on that debt. :)