Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

AND THE WINNER IS---

Serena Williams won her 10th singles major today. I saw the results posted 48 seconds after she won---damn it---I could have watched the match but forgot about the time difference with Australia---she won at 6:42 a.m. Guess that shows the folks that say she hasn't had enough focus on tennis lately. She's way below the record 21 of others but I think she's as good as they get.

Serena/Venus Williams won their 8th major doubles today too---way to go---the most ever by anyone is 14---they plan to play 4 more this year---lack of focus---I don't think so.

Utah Jazz and for a change looked good doing it. Though they have suffered some major injuries this year they are still playing their hearts out in every game. It may not be this year but the challenges they have faced this year will pay off down the road. GO JAZZ

NOT OBAMA---He is picking the Steelers in the Super Bowl - even in simple things we can't agree---sorry NM---he ain't the savior. Cardinals by 3.

NOT TEXAS STADIUM---I read an article this morning that was titled Cowboys get rid of star - I read it because I wondered if they were finally going to clean house---nope the star they were talking about was on the fifty yard line of Texas Stadium. They rolled it up and put it up for sale on e-bay. Guess they really are going to Arlington to the new retractable roof stadium---too bad they always did good in Texas Stadium - even when they lost.

NOT THE STOCK MARKET---HOLY SHIT---the S&P continues to lose---it has lost 19 percent since October.

IRAQ---It was great to see that they completed their election with very little violence. Three mortars were shot at one of the polling places (can't remember which city) but no one was injured. The Iraqi police handled all of the security with backup available from the US Military if needed. It wasn't needed. Maybe we are getting into a position where we can leave Iraq without leaving them to a blood bath.

No comments: