Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

TWENTY THINGS

TWENTY THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR TODAY:
1. That we live in a nice warm (or cool) house depending on the weather.
2. That we have electricity in the house that lets there be light in the dark.
3. That I don't have to work underground as a miner.
4. That there are those that work underground as miners so we can have the electricity I was thankful for above.
5. That I am pretty healthy for an old guy.
6. That we live in a free country.
7. That the people in the military are there to protect me and my way of life---even though they don't even know me.
8. That we can go through a change of power for our president without a military coup.
9. That the price of gas is dropping back to the figure that we have been living with for a long time.
10. That I have a job that I love.
11. Family
12. Friends old and new
13. Good roads
14. Good cars
15. Rain instead of snow
16. My education
17. Inklings
18. My life experiences - both good and bad
19. Good food
20. Being able to blog this
21. GOOGLE

3 comments:

Dee Ice Hole said...

I forgot Leather Gloves, Thick Socks, Winter coats, Jackets, guns, bullets, sunshine, my boss, my last boss, my employees, Coke Zero with cherry.

Lindsay Logic said...

Great list!

Native Minnow said...

Inklings fell that far down the list?

No pie for you!