Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

ONE BAD DAY IN A ROW

I have been telling everyone for the past nearly five years that I am going to retire when I have one bad day in a row. Last Saturday (the last day on the fire) was nearly it. It is a good thing that the afternoon went well or I'd be outta here---and I'm not kidding---and everybody knows I'm not kidding.

I have always wanted to be the WalMart greeter.

10 comments:

Nene said...

Hey, if you're the Wal-Mart greeter you could give them Amber's suggestion: She thinks the greeters should hand out Paxil (anti-depressant)to everyone as they come in to Wal-Mart. :0)

~Kris said...

You know you would have to smile and be friendly, right?

Inklings said...

You can't be the WalMart greeter here unless you are handicapped, haven't you noticed?

Amber said...

is Paxil an anti-depressant - I meant the anti-anxiety (you know anti-"the people! the people!" pill). LOL I still think it's a good idea LOL

Amber said...

oh and don't worry about being friendly and smiling - the ones here aren't and never do

Nene said...

No, I think you're right Amber, it's an anti-anxiety. I had it wrong.

Dee Ice Hole said...

I'll have you know that I really do know how to smile---just 'cause you've never seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I am severely handicapped at this time and could easily qualify for the greeter position.

PsychDoctor said...

I can just see you tackling people when the alarm goes off..or chasing down shoplifters. :)

Native Minnow said...

We had a Wal-Mart greeter here once who was a tiny little old man. We're talking "little people" tiny. My friend said she wanted to take him home and keep him in a bird cage inside her apartment. We decided that we couldn't pull it off though. Not with all the security cameras and whatnot.

~Kris said...

I didn't say you didn't know how to smile, but have you not ever been to Walmart? That place is so crazy it actually gives me a headache just being there. I think Amber has the right idea.