Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Friday, October 26, 2007

WHO'D'A'THUNK

I just got back from the California wildfires and I had only just got there when I was released to come home. When major ragers start it is not uncommon to have several different people order resources to help out with the management of the incident. In my case several folks ordered Supply dudes and we all showed up at the same time---that is why we get ordered is to prevent everyone else ordering resources---so we all fully understood what had happened---the team in control of the incident tried to find jobs for all of us but it was crowded....I finally told the guy in charge that I would be OK with going home if they really didn't need me and were just finding me a job.....he thought about it for a few hours and let me go home....it sucks to drive 500 miles and then be released but it sucks a lot more to drive 500 miles and take a job that really isn't necessary and isn't really helping---I'm glad to be home.

2 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I, for one, am glad that you drove the 500 miles just to turn around and go back the next day. It was good to see you!

Dee Ice Hole said...

Yeah I was glad to see you and get a chance to visit a few minutes on the road---even bad things have some good in them---I was way glad to get home this go round though.