Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fixin ta paste 'er


Here is a shot from the lead plane bringing the tanker in to paste the west side of a major rager. Note the column in the background---this ain't the only fire in the neighborhood but happens to be the one we got.

Just in case you can't figure it out this is a huge adreniline rush for me---even looking at the pictures makes me happy that I chose to do this as part of my career. Guess if you have done it for 38 seasons you had better like it.

It is pretty hard for me to set things out for the world to see so it will take some time before you really get anything that means much.


4 comments:

~Kris said...

You could make your blog private only invite your favorite children...
:)

I like looking at your pictures.

Dee Ice Hole said...

That would probably make me feel a lot better about blogging but for now I am going to stay public---se if anyone else out there likes looking at fire pictures---there are lots of us adrenaline junkies in the world.

Native Minnow said...

I love these pics. I, for one, happen to think that they're important. After all, it's what gets your blood pumping, right?

PsychDoctor said...

That first one looks like a volcano blast...very cool...