Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Sunday, June 9, 2013

WORKIN' AWAY

 Getting set to pick up some 30 feet of culvert to put in a draw crossing.
 Moving the culvert to the site.
 Starting the drop into the draw where the culvert will be placed---D-8 Cat constructing road and the pad.
Water truck and D-6 Cat constructing road in the opposite direction.

Here are a few photos of what is going on with the power line construction.  Right now they are building roads to access the structures and pads for them to be built on.  These photos show what was going on Friday afternoon where they were installing a culvert in the road to one of the towers.

The job is finally starting to move along fairly well.  It isn't as much fun to do this as it is to do rehabilitation on fires because things do not move as fast.  There are lots of times when changes need to be made but they have to go through an approval process where in the rehab world you have to make the call on the spot and go on.  This is a little different for me because of what I did in the job I retired from.  There I was the decision maker that approved any changes---here I sometimes don't even get to make a recommendation.

A big plus on this job is that I am getting to know a lot of really good equipment operators.  I really respect the good operators because when I was trying to operate Cats and back hoes I never got to where I could really do a good job with them.

LIFE IS STARTING TO GET HECTIC!!!     

1 comment:

Lindsay Logic said...

Thanks for posting- it's fun to see what you've been up to!