Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

HIP POINTER

I have had a hip pointer since January 7th. It made me really sick on the 8th when we baptized our grandson. I have fought it since then with Advil for pain.

I finally had enough and called a doctor to see if this was being caused by my cholesterol meds. I went to him on the 17th. Since my regular doctor just moved to where he could take better care of one of his kids this was new doctor to me. He is the same one Inklings visits. He also refused to take me as a patient when we moved here 10 years ago. When we were going through the introductions he asked me if Inklings had made me come in. I told him no but that I thought if I was going to have a doctor he should at least know who I am.

We had a family doctor in a town to the north where we used to live and the day after I was recovering from a heart that stopped beating he asked me "JUST HOW DID I BECOME YOUR DOCTOR???" We both laughed when I told him he had the whole family (7 at the time) and I couldn't help it that I had never been sick in the four years we lived there. I really never want that to happen again even if I waste a few dollars getting checked with a physical.

After that he examined my hip and back and asked about any trauma I may have had on it. I explained that I hadn't taken any falls or anything and thought it might be the medicine causing muscle problems. He pushed on the tip of the joint and told me it was tweaked and it was definitely not muscle problems but problems with a nerve being pinched by the joint. He also told me that I have arthritis in that joint. He then wrote me a work order for an x-ray and told me we'd do that and then figure out what kind of therapy I needed to get into to get the joint back in place.

I told him I debated whether to go to a chiropractor or to him but that I was really afraid I was having problems due to the medications. He handed me the work order and said "maybe you ought to go see your chiropractor and if he can't get it back in place then go have the x-ray and have them send it to me and we'll figure out the therapy." I went to the chiropractor that same day and he got it back in place. I visited him again yesterday and he put it back in place again. Funny how your muscles can adjust to something that is wrong and then just keep pulling things the wrong way.

NEVER THOUGH I'D HEAR A DOCTOR SAY I OUGHT TO VISIT A CHIROPRACTOR BUT NOW I AM SURE HE IS HONEST.

1 comment:

Nene said...

Well, I'm glad they could fix you up!