Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mountain Ride

Yesterday we did a lot of running around and checking up on yard sales. In the process I ran into a guy I used to work with. He told me thay have finished up a road I had worked hard to get it upgraded. He told me I should take a ride up and see how it turned out. So we did. They did an awesome job of finishing this road. There was a spot on it that always ended up a mess because it would look dry and folks would try it and fall through into mud soup. Getting the vehicle out always left a huge mess in the middle of the road.

Through some cooperative work they moved a lot of crushed rock over the spot and raised the grade 18" which should be enough of a rock bridge to stop the vehicles from breaking through the surface in the spring. In the long run this will be one of the best road project that they have done. The road all the way across the mountain is now in pretty good shape because of the road work they have completed this year. It tickled me that they continued to work on the roads I had worked to get upgraded even though I was gone.

3 comments:

Looney said...

Are those trees Aspens? Or something else? Now I am getting itchy to get up to the high mountains again, since the mosquito season should be dying down and the traffic will start reducing soon.

Nene said...

Ah, I love the Aspens! Wish I could plant them in my yard, but we're not high enough (altitude).

Dee Ice Hole said...

Looney---they are aspen---the whole mountain should be covered with aspen instead of the sick spruce-fir on about half of it. I couldn't burn enough (only 32,000+ acres) while I was there to get the balance back but they are continuing down that path I think.