Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Friday, December 11, 2009

BEEN A DAY OR TWO

It has been nearly a week since I posted a blog. It has been a very busy week. I watched my youngest daughter get the prestigious A pin from USU and I buried my Mother. We travelled about 800 miles total for those two events and they were on back to back days so things were busy.

Last night coming home from the funeral I was cruising through the canyon when a deer appeared in the headlights---I realized when I stepped on the brake and tried to get stopped that it wasn't going to work and I was going to hit the deer broadside. I swerved to the right to miss it and missed it by about two or three inches - then turned back into the lane and continued down the road. If the deer had moved at all---any direction---I would have hit it. It has been a long time since I saw a deer stand totally still for any period of time...I am thankful I didn't smack it.

6 comments:

Amber said...

That is so awesome about the A pin!! She's such a great girl! I'm sorry about your mother, I know you will miss her! And how scary that you could've hit that deer, I'm so glad you didn't and you also didn't lose control of the car, I'm grateful for small miracles like that!

Delirious said...

Someone must have been praying for you guys!

Lindsay Logic said...

I'm glad you made it home safely. I'm sorry that you'll miss your Mom. (The healthy mom.)

Lightning Strikes said...

Deer are scary! I'm glad you didn't hit and made it home safe!

Inklings said...

It was very scary and jump-started my heart quite a bit! I don't know how we didn't hit her, I was sure we were going to.

Nene said...

Wow - close call! Glad you guys made it home ok.