Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

ROAD TRIP
















Today I took a road trip back on the mountain to see how the road work was progressing. It was progressing very well - in fact - it was progressing so well that I watched as they finished up the contract.

I had planned to go home off the north end of the mountain but couldn't resist going back the way I came so I could drive the newly reconditioned road all the way....I wasn't the first to do it because my boss did that earlier but I was in the first 10 so that has to count for something.

I told a lot of people we would fix that road when HELL froze over - there was ice on my windshield last Monday morning. I honestly never thought I would live long enough to see that road fixed. I can hardly wait to hear why I chose to stop doing the road where we did. I am sure it will be all over the street that somebody pissed me off and I quit before their cabin.

L.S. - it is in the middle of the mountain....the road comes up from the west going east from the town to the south.

No comments: