Some say the world will end with fire.

Others say with ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those that favor fire.

But if I had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate,

To say that for destruction ice,

Is also great and would suffice.

Robert Frost



"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White



"Good things come to those who wait, but, only the things LEFT by those who hustle." - Unknown (at least by me)



"Life is wonderful, without it you are dead." - Hy "Pete" Peterson - Park City and Kenecott Miner



"Don't worry about those people in your past---there is a reason they are not in your present." - Unknown



"Life's tough - it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne



"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!" - Vince Lombardi



"If you aren’t living on the edge, you’re probably taking up too much space.” ~ Attributed to Jim Whittaker by Doug ‘Swani’ Swantner, Alaska Smokejumper and Air Attack Base Manager (Ret.)

About Me

My photo
I am married and have seven children and twenty grandchildren. I retired January 1, 2010 after working 39+ years for the Forest Service...NEW CHAPTER IN MY LIFE HAS BEGUN!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

NOTHING GOOD EVER CAME FROM A COURT DECISION

We just got home from court where the judge decided to let our five grand children move back home with their parents and we are to move them this Saturday. They will remain in DCFS custody for three more months except for the two year old whose custody was restored to the parents today.

Why isn't this good you ask---well in the first place I don't think their parents have prepared themselves for what will occur Saturday. I don't think they are ready by any sense of the imagination to have all five kids returned to them then. I know it looks like a good thing to have the kids go back to their parents but I don't feel like they have paid a big enough price for their actions to have these kids back in their house.

For the record I will spend the next 18 years wondering if our kids are doing what they need to do to keep out of trouble and wondering when we'll get the grand kids back. The judge told them today that this is their last chance---if they screw up again the kids are gone---that means we get them---so see we either worry about them or we raise them---GOOD??????

4 comments:

Lindsay Logic said...

I wish they would've just left them with you for a few more months. At least until the end of this school year. That's got to be hard on the kids.

Delirious said...

I'm going to be praying hard for them to step up to the plate.

Amber said...

I know - it's hard either way, but God knows what is best, and everything will work out how it's supposed to, I hope you are both able to have a wonderful happy Christmas!!

Nene said...

When I read Inklings email I cried. I agree with you that I don't think their parents are ready to take them back. I will be praying hard for these kids - that they will be safe, and that the best thing will happen for them. You and Inklings have done a fantastic job with these kids, and I know you both love them. Thanks for everything you have done. At least now it is truly in the Lord's hands, and if their parents don't step up to the plate and they end up screwing up and you get them back, at least you will know it was meant to be. At least that is how I look at it.